Runners Health Hub is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
Runners Health Hub may hold some information about you. This document outlines how that information is used, who we may share that information with and how we keep it secure. This notice does not provide exhaustive detail. However, we are happy to provide any additional information or explanation needed. Any requests for this should be sent to the firstname.lastname@example.org We keep our Privacy Notice under regular review. This Privacy Notice was last reviewed in March 2021.
1. What We Do
Runners Health Hub provides nutritional therapy services, health coaching and online live and video group programmes, workshops and seminars to clients to improve their health through diet and lifestyle interventions. We focus on preventative healthcare, the optimisation of physical and mental health and chronic health conditions. Through nutritional therapy consultations, dietary and lifestyle analysis and biochemical testing, we aim to understand the underlying causes of your health issues which we will seek to address through personalised dietary therapy, nutraceutical prescription (supplements) and lifestyle advice. Through health coaching and online live and video group programmes, workshops and seminars we aim to educate and make suggestions to enhance your approach to health.
2. How We Obtain Your Personal Data
2.1 Information provided by you:
- Ordering of our products and service
- Create an account on our site
- Subscribe to our services or publications
- By completing a nutritional therapy or health questionnaire or booking form
- Attend a live or online talk, event, webinar or workshop
- By signing a terms of engagement form
- During a nutritional therapy consultation
- Through email, over the telephone or by post
- By taking credit card and online payment
2.3 Third parties or publicly available sources: We may receive personal data about you from various third parties and public sources as set out below
Technical Data from the following parties:
- analytics providers such as Google based outside the EU;
- advertising networks [such as Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin and YouTube based [inside OR outside] the EU]; and
- search information providers [such as Google based [inside OR outside] the EU].
- Contact, Financial and Transaction Data from providers of technical, payment and delivery services [such as Hotmart, PayPal, WePay, and Stripe based [inside OR outside] the EU].
- Identity and Contact Data from publicly availably sources such as Companies House and the Electoral Register based inside the EU.
This may include the following information:
- Identity – may include your first name, maiden name, last name, username, marital status, title, date of birth and gender.
- Contact – may include your billing address, delivery address, email address and telephone numbers.
- Financial – may include your bank account and payment card details.
- Transaction – may include details about payments between us and other details of purchases made by you.
- Technical – may include your login data, internet protocol addresses, browser type and version, browser plug-in types and versions, time zone setting and location, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access this site.
- Profile – may include your username and password, purchases or orders, your interests, preferences, feedback and survey responses.
- Usage – may include information about how you use our website, products and services.
- Marketing and Communications – may include your preferences in receiving marketing communications from us and our third parties and your communication preferences.
- Personal – may include health information that you provide in order to provide you with direct healthcare, including your previous medical history, dietary, lifestyle, supplement and medicine details, biochemical test results, clinic notes, health improvement plans and GP contact information
We use this information in order:
to provide you with direct and indirect healthcare. This means that the legal basis of our holding your personal data is for legitimate interest.
If you engage us for Nutritional Therapy, following completion of your healthcare we retain your personal data for the period defined by our professional association BANT and registrant body, CNHC. This enables us to process any complaint you may make. In this case the legal basis of our holding your personal data is for contract administration.
Information we get from other sources
We may obtain sensitive medical information in the form of test results from biochemical testing companies. We use this information in order to provide you with direct healthcare. This means that the legal basis of our holding your personal data is for legitimate interest.
We may obtain sensitive information from other healthcare providers. The provision of this information is subject to you giving us your express consent. If we do not receive this consent from you, we will not be able to coordinate your healthcare with that provided by other providers which means the healthcare provided by us may be less effective.
3. How we use your personal data
We act as a data controller for use of your personal data to provide direct healthcare. We also act as a controller and processor in regard to the processing of your data from third parties such as testing companies and other healthcare providers. We act as a data controller and processor in regard to the processing of credit card and online payments.
We undertake at all times to protect your personal data, including any health and contact details, in a manner which is consistent with our duty of professional confidence and the requirements of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) concerning data protection. We will also take reasonable security measures to protect your personal data storage.
We may use your personal data where there is an overriding public interest in using the information e.g. in order to safeguard an individual, or to prevent a serious crime. Also where there is a legal requirement such as a formal court order. We may use your data for marketing purposes such as newsletters but this would be subject to you giving us your express consent.
4. Do you share my information with other organisations?
We will keep information about you confidential. We will only disclose your information with other third parties with your express consent with the exception of the following categories of third parties:
- Our registrant body, CNHC and our professional association, BANT, for the processing of a complaint made by you
- Any contractors and advisors that provide a service to us or act as our agents on the understanding that they keep the information confidential
- Anyone to whom we may transfer our rights and duties under any agreement we have with you
- Any legal or crime prevention agencies and/or to satisfy any regulatory request (eg, CNHC if we have a duty to do so or if the law allows us to do so
We may share your information with supplement companies and biochemical testing companies as part of providing you with direct healthcare. We will not include any sensitive information
We will seek your express consent before sharing your information with your GP or other healthcare providers. However, if we believe that your life is in danger then we may pass your information onto an appropriate authority (such as the police, social services in the case of a child or vulnerable adult, or GP in case of self-harm) using the legal basis of vital interests.
We may share your case history in an anonymised form with our peers for the purpose of professional development. This may be at clinical supervision meetings, conferences, online forums, and through publishing in medical journals, trade magazines or online professional sites. We will seek your explicit consent before processing your data in this way.
5. What are your rights?
Every individual has the right to see, amend, delete or have a copy, of data held that can identify you, with some exceptions. You do not need to give a reason to see your data.
If you want to access your data you must make a subject access request in writing to email@example.com Under special circumstances, some information may be withheld. We shall respond within 20 working days from the point of receiving the request and all necessary information from you. Our response will include the details of the personal data we hold on you including:
- Sources from which we acquired the information
- The purposes of processing the information
- Persons or entities with whom we are sharing the information
You have the right, subject to exemptions, to ask to:
- Have your information deleted
- Have your information corrected or updated where it is no longer accurate
- Ask us to stop processing information about you where we are not required to do so by law or in accordance with the BANT and CNHC guidelines.
- Receive a copy of your personal data, which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine readable format and have the right to transmit that data to another controller, without hindrance from us.
- Object at any time to the processing of personal data concerning you
We do not carry out any automated processing, which may lead to automated decision based on your personal data.
If you would like to invoke any of the above rights then please write to the Data Controller at Runners Health Hub, 39 Elmfield Gardens, Newcastle upon Tyne NE3 4XB or email firstname.lastname@example.org
6. What safeguards are in place to ensure data that identifies me is secure?
We only use information that may identify you in accordance with GDPR. This requires us to process personal data only if there is a legitimate basis for doing so and that any processing must be fair and lawful.
Within the health sector, we also have to follow the common law duty of confidence, which means that where identifiable information about you has been given in confidence, it should be treated as confidential and only shared for the purpose of providing direct healthcare. We will protect your information, inform you of how your information will be used, and allow you to decide if and how your information can be shared.
We also ensure the information we hold is kept in secure locations, restrict access to information to authorised personnel only, protect personal and confidential information held on equipment such as laptops with encryption (which masks data so that unauthorised users cannot see or make sense of it). We ensure external data processors that support us are legally and contractually bound to operate and prove security arrangements are in place where data that could or does identify a person are processed.
Runners Health Hub is registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) as a data controller and collects data for a variety of purposes. A copy of the registration is available through the ICO website (search by business name).
7. How long do you hold confidential information for?
All records held by the Runners Health Hub will be kept for the duration specified by guidance from our professional association BANT.
8.Website technical details
We do use electronic forms on our website making use of an available ‘forms module’ which has a number of built-in features to help ensure privacy. We also aim to use secure forms where appropriate.
Most web browsers allow some control of most cookies through the browser settings. To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org
To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites visit http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
If you have a complaint regarding the use of your personal data then please contact us by writing to the DataController at Runners Health Hub 39 Elmfield Gardens, Newcastle upon Tyne NE3 4XBor email email@example.com and we will do our best to help you.
If your complaint is not resolved to your satisfaction and you wish to make a formal complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), you can contact them on 01625 545745 or 0303 1231113.