Great North Run Milestones: Nutrition Foundations
Get your training plan mapped out to include one long run every week building your mileage and duration of time so you’re fully prepared. Add in another 2 or 3 shorter runs each week alongside some active recovery days and 1 full rest day each week.
2. Focus on our tips for optimising your everyday healthy nutrition foundations including
· Eating regularly
· Eating Protein at every meal
· Having a balanced plate at every meal – we suggest ¼ plate protein, ¼ plate complex carbohydrates
· Including Healthy nutrient dense snack which combines protein and carbohydrate if required
· Minimise junk and processed foods
· Practice drinking whilst running
3. Don’t ignore aches and pains and muscle tightness – consult with your physio or sports massage therapist and check out if your running shoes are fit for purpose.
4. Get your mindset mojo fired up by tuning into your BIG WHY!
Our next episode in this series is Episode 101 will be published on 16th June (12 weeks until GNR) and we’ll be talking about:
· Planning what you should eat in relationship to the time of day you are running and beginning to practice pre and post fuelling
· Sticking to your training plan and why consistency is key
If you’re ready to make learn more about how you may introduce easy nutrition into your running and training plan join our Easy Nutrition For Healthy Runners Online Programme for short videos, recipes, downloads and LIVE training and Q&A.
As a THANK YOU to you as one of our valued listeners, we have a special offer for you use COUPON CODE RACE to get £200 discount off the full price which brings the price to £97.