Great North Run Nutrition Milestones: be 10K ready
1. Be consistent with your nutrition, running and recovery plan.
2. If you are an early morning runner – try out FASTED STATE running for easy runs under 90 minutes.
3. For all runs over 90 minutes ensure you eat your pre-run meal or snack 2 hours before you run. If you can’t fit in a pre-run meal then have a Quick Release CHO snack 30-60 minutes before your run.
4. Add some dynamic stretching before you go out on a run and some static stretches post run.
5. Consider using a foam roller for self-myofascial release.
6. If you’re experiencing DOMS – consider a rest day, light activity, light massage, magnesium baths and oils and eat more protein and essential omega 3 oils.
We hope that’s been a helpful episode today, next time we’ll be talking about making a mini plan to practice pre, during and post fuelling – FOOD/HYDRATION/ELECTROLYTES. That’ll be episode 104 on 7 July – 9 weeks until race day! Until then enjoy your running!