This is the first episode of our new series titled: “A Journey To….”
Over the coming weeks we will be tracking Karen’s Journey to….Recovery From Injury and she will update us on treatment, training and nutrition. We hope by sharing Karen’s journey you, if you find you are injured, will be able to tap into our advice to help your recovery.
In this episode Karen outlines where she is on her journey. She will share:
- Her programme of rehabilitation and treatment
- Her current nutrition and supplement plan for recovery
- What her current training status is
- How she is feeling emotionally and psychologically
- What her next goals are with regards her recovery
Outlining Karen’s injury:
A chronic hamstring tendon injury and an acute big toe injury
Enquiring into Karen’s treatment strategy including:
- Sports Physiotherapy
- Shockwave Therapy
- Muscle Massage Gun
Focussing on the physical activity Karen CAN do whilst she cannot run including:
- Strength and Conditioning
Moving on to highlight the adjustments Karen has made to her meal plan to support recovery. The principal adjustments she has made to her food plan to-date are linked to:
- Coffee intake
- Portion sizes at mealtimes
Delving into Karen’s current nutritional supplement intake to support recovery. The nutritional supplements Karen is taking are mostly Turmeric-based due to the anti-inflammatory properties of curcumin, the bioactive component of turmeric. These supplements include:
- Rhythm Nutrition Turmeric liquid
- FEEL Joint Support capsules
- Pulsin Curcumin and Black Pepper powder – this also doubles up as a protein powder because it contains 16g of protein per serving
Additional anti-inflammatory and joint/soft tissue nutritional supplements Karen is taking including:
- Terra Nova Glucosamine and Boswellia blend
- Biogena Vegan Omega 3 capsules
- Vitamin D drops
Running is a big part of Karen’s life, so how is she dealing emotionally with the fact that she cannot run at the moment?
If she was to sum her feelings up in FOUR words they would be:
- Sad – that she can’t run
- Irritated – at herself for not taking action earlier
- Frustrated – that healing takes time!
- Determined – to all she can to return to full performance as quickly as she can through nutrition and supplements, rehabilitation treatment and physical exercise
What Karen hopes to discuss on the next episode including:
- Shockwave Therapy – what was it like and did I see any immediate improvement?
- Toe injury – what is the diagnosis?
- Acupuncture – is it helping?
- Training – Can she run yet?
- Nutrition – effects of reducing caffeine and how she is coping with eating smaller portion sizes of food
- Nutritional Supplements – are they effective? Any side effects from them? Is she taking them consistently!!
- Emotions – is she feeling any more positive about her situation and her ability to run or does she feel she is losing form and muscle mass. This would be a dilemma!!
Download our FREE E book TOP Running Snacks and Nutrient Timing to Fuel Peak Performance
The suggestions we make during this episode are for guidance and advice only, and are not a substitute for medical advice or treatment. If you have any concerns regarding your health, please contact your healthcare professional for advice as soon as possible.
Also, when you’re ready, here are FOUR ways that we can help you:
1) Join Easy Nutrition For Healthy Runners HUB. Please join our FREE private facebook group for education, tips, inspiration with like- minded female runners.
2) Get our Easy Nutrition For Healthy Runners Online Programme. As a THANK YOU, please use COUPON CODE POD to get 33% discount off the full price which brings the price to £199.
3)Find out if you are the right fit for our Healthy Woman Healthy Runner Programme. Please book a free Discovery Call.
4) If you love our FREE stuff but need more help and would like to find out which of our services would be best for you. We’d love to have a short informal (no obligation) chat to see how we can help you. Book a free call here.
We love to hear from our listeners – what are your nutrition and running goals, challenges and successes, please drop us a line at email@example.com
Best Wishes and Happy Running!
Karen and Aileen