This is the second episode in our “My Journey To….” series where we are chatting about Karen’s Journey to Recovery from Injuries. In this episode she updates us on her progress with an emphasis on her current:
- Treatment Plan
- Nutrition Plan
- Training Plan
The BIG question is…..is she back running?? Listen in to find out more!
We hope that by sharing Karen’s journey, if you ever have to face a similar dilemma you’ll be able to tap into our advice to help your recovery.
A recap on the injuries Karen is recovering from before moving on to discuss her current treatment plan. The two injuries are:
1. A chronic hamstring tendinopathy, which has been an issue for approximately two to three years
2. An acute big toe injury. This injury occurred in the late stages of a 20 mile and very hilly trail event
Big toe injury diagnosis and treatment:
An acute arthritic flare-up was diagnosed and the treatment plan includes: shockwave therapy and targeted exercises
An update on the hamstring tendonopathy treatment:
Several new targeted exercises hare been prescribed
Another session of shockwave therapy
Heat therapy for 20mins twice daily
An update on Karen’s current nutrition plan including:
Reducing coffee intake
Being mindful of portion sizes at mealtimes
Changing up breakfast
Time restricted eating (TRE)
Exercising BEFORE breakfast
The big question answered…… is, Karen back running? YES or NO!! before moving on to discuss Karen’s current nutritional supplement plan including:
- An exploration of the ones she is currently taking
- Has she experienced any side effects from taking them?
- Has she made any adjustments to her intake?
- Has she removed or included any new supplements and if so…WHY??
Looking at how Karen is dealing emotionally with her current journey to recovery from injury with an emphasis on FOUR key words she would use to describe how she is feeling. The four words being:
Outlining topics/updates to discussed on the next episode including:
Shockwave therapy – any changes in severity of discomfort
Toe injury – is it continuing to improve…how far can Karen run pain free
Training – Is running now up to 1hr…or maybe beyond?
Physio exercises – self-discipline and CONSISTENCY in doing them
Supplements – any change? Is Karen continuing to take them consistently!!
Emotions – more positive than negative?
Download our FREE E book TOP Running Snacks and Nutrient Timing to Fuel Peak Performance
The suggestions we make during this episode are for guidance and advice only, and are not a substitute for medical advice or treatment. If you have any concerns regarding your health, please contact your healthcare professional for advice as soon as possible.
Also, when you’re ready, here are FOUR ways that we can help you:
1) Join Easy Nutrition For Healthy Runners HUB. Please join our FREE private facebook group for education, tips, inspiration with like- minded female runners.
2) Get our Easy Nutrition For Healthy Runners Online Programme. As a THANK YOU, please use COUPON CODE POD to get 33% discount off the full price which brings the price to £199.
3)Find out if you are the right fit for our Healthy Woman Healthy Runner Programme. Please book a free Discovery Call.
4) If you love our FREE stuff but need more help and would like to find out which of our services would be best for you. We’d love to have a short informal (no obligation) chat to see how we can help you. Book a free call here.
We love to hear from our listeners – what are your nutrition and running goals, challenges and successes, please drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org
Best Wishes and Happy Running!
Karen and Aileen